Due to growth, Vyta is recruiting for a capable Engineer who will be an active member of the retail team. The individual will be monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks, installing and configuring computer systems, diagnosing and repairing hardware/software faults and solving technical and application problems predominantly in the retail department but also within the wider Vyta organisation.
We are seeking a professional who is responsible for installing, maintaining, and repairing hardware & software components, supporting systems through remote access or onsite visits as dictated by business needs. The successful candidate will work as a key member of the wider retail warehouse team, as well as various projects and working with Asset Processors onsite at customer locations.
- Experience of working in a role that requires high attention to detail.
- Flexible and willing to support colleagues.
- Ability to think on your feet and problem solve in a logical order to identify causes, gather and process relevant information in a time-critical environment.
- Adaptable in a changeable environment.
- Ability to influence people.
- Highly organised, able to prioritise and can forward plan and multitask effectively.
- A positive approach to learning.
- The ability to work unsupervised and identify tasks that need completing without being told.
- Allocating and picking of orders.
- Preparation and checking of orders.
- Checking hardware meets quality standards.
- Diagnosing issues as they arise with computer equipment.
- Carrying out hardware repairs on computer equipment in line with company procedures.
- General warehouse duties (moving assets, tidying work area, stock taking etc).
- Installation and support of hardware and software programmes.
- Installation projects for various customer sites.
- Project Co-ordination.
- Onsite support (help desk support, liaising with project managers to fulfil a spec, setting up/deploying equipment on customer sites).
- Management of customer returns for repair.
- Supporting management in creating process documents.
- Development of LEAN initiatives.
This list is non-exhaustive
- HND or above equivalent in Information Communications Technology, Computer Science or computer related qualification; or minimum 1-2 years relevant IT support experience.
- Experience of working with various software, including installation and configuration.
- Experience of working with Microsoft & IOS operating systems.
- Windows issue resolution, updates/drivers/common issues etc.
- Comfortable handling, dismantling and reassembling equipment such as laptops.
- Experience of diagnosing hardware issues (faulty ram, faulty SSD, broken screen, keyboards, etc).
- Experience of providing technical support to colleagues.
Highly Desirable Criteria:
- Experience of working and installing images:
- deployment server/PXE boot.
- Image creation.
- Image capture and deployment.
- Clonezilla capture and deployment.
- MDOS/SMART client (digital licensing).
- A clean driver’s license and access to a car for daily business use.
- Results Driven.
- Creating positive relationships.
- Service driven.
- Strategic thinking.
- Fostering innovation.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory references, Access NI criminal record check and successful security clearance, BPSS security clearance and successful credit reference clearance in line with BS 7858 requirements and ISO 27001 audits.
The company reserves the right to terminate employment should you not pass or maintain security clearances as required with the company in line with business needs.
HAVING A CRIMINAL RECORD WILL NOT NECESSARILY DEBAR YOU FROM EMPLOYMENT WITHIN VYTA LTD. THIS WILL DEPEND ON THE NATURE OF THE POSITION, TOGETHER WITH THE CIRCUMSTANCES AND BACKGROUND OF YOUR OFFENCES
Vyta is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please follow this link