Post: Financial Accountant
Location: Primary onsite location Titanic Quarter Belfast-Travel/flexibility across the group required
Reports To: Group Financial Controller
Vyta is a fast-growing market leader in IT lifecycle solutions. We provide IT Asset Disposal, Data Destruction and Deployment Support Services across NI, ROI and GB. We help organisations manage the secure, sustainable, and compliant retirement of their end-of-life technology and are the partner of choice for public and private sector customers including many high-profile brands and large corporations.
Established in 2001, we have grown to be a world leader in our industry, ranked in the top four ADISA audited companies worldwide. At Vyta, we support our clients and partners with GDPR compliance by handling data securely. We lead based on the delivery of exceptional customer service, and the new revenue streams we provide to customers through the refurbishment and resale of data sanitised devices.
This is a very exciting time to join Vyta. You would become part of an engaged, supportive, and collaborative 120-strong team with turnover now exceeding £20million, with plans to double this in the next few years.
We are a PE backed business having recently received investment from leading Irish PE company MML Capital. We have a wide-ranging international growth plan which will be see further investments in our business and a structured acquisition strategy. Investment Phase 1 was the recent acquisition of a GB based IT disposal provider, adding 35 to our team and a facility in Essex to the Vyta Group.
The opportunities at Vyta are far reaching with all employees having access to a personal development plan to ensure they have the support they need to help implement the business growth strategy.
Job Role purpose:
The Financial Accountant role (ACA/CA/ACCA) is considered key in the improvement of processes within the business, including statutory accounts and supporting with the month end and management of accounts. Vyta Accounts department is considered fast paced, the role will partner with various finance and non-finance stakeholders both internally and externally, acting as a key point of contact within group finance to achieve companywide strategic objectives.
Primary day-to-day responsibility includes planning, implementing, managing, reviewing, and controlling workload to meet deadlines, and supporting fellow work colleagues in the department. This includes direct responsibility for accounting, finance and compliance. This is achieved by working directly with the Financial Controller. The accountant role supports the delivery of month end accounts, weekly forecasting, budget preparation, general/ad hoc financial matters and the identification and delivery of accounting and operational efficiencies; as well as participation/ spearheading of tasked strategic improvement initiative projects.
- Management of the balance sheet reconciliations as well as intercompany accounting
- Supporting with a variety of finance projects, streamlining, and improving existing processes
- Ensure the reputation and credibility of the finance function by providing timely and accurate month end accounts, cost management delivery and weekly and monthly forecasts
- Take ownership of the allocated revenue and cost lines in the respective entities PL’s and pro-actively manage the relevant balance sheet codes to produce accurate and timely results
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with our outsourced financial partners, publishing finance team colleagues and senior executives of the business so as to satisfy their financial needs
- Challenge relevant operational department heads to achieve and if possible, outperform budget
- Assist with the preparation of the year-end financial statements and liaise with the relevant members of the audit and taxation teams
- Ensure ongoing compliance with the initiatives and policies implemented by the Internal Audit Function
- Manage the timely, relevant, and accurate monthly and quarterly reporting of financial information
- Ensure that financial reports and other relevant information are delivered in accordance with the relevant standards
- Monthly reconciliation and reporting on variances
- Provide variance analysis/commentary
- Actively participate in the preparation of the annual budget(s)/proposed targets for the year
- Month-end financial close
- Preparation of monthly journals
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting to HMRC, department of finance
- Grant claims
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns across multiple jurisdictions
- Preparation of other tax returns
- Year-end audit preparation
- Adhoc reporting
- Covering main department functions
- Liaising with various statutory and governing bodies such as HMRC, Revenue Commissioners, Department of Finance, Financiers, Invest NI, and other agencies as required.
- Ensure best practice is maintained and implemented
- Proactively engage with the Internal/ External Audit Functions
- Mitigate risk by committing to ongoing review, analysis and management of the monthly accounting and reporting process and proactively managing intercompany activity and variance analysis to budget and forecast
- Collaborate and engage with your peers within the Finance team
- Support and partner with senior management within the commercial business units
- Be a problem solver proactively finding solutions to assist with the delivery of business objectives
- Excellent communication skills and ability to engage with non-financial areas of the business in a jargon free format
- Strong technical skills, specifically around revenue recognition
- Team player with strong analytical and accounting skills
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and a results-driven orientation
- Excellent organisational, process and time management skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Drive and ambition to succeed
- Proactive attitude
- Ability to Conceptualise
- Planning & Organising
- Learning Agility
- Project Management
- Continuous Improvement Initiatives
- Adherence to Lean Operations deliverables.
- Quality of work
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA Qualified or Part-Qualified
- Open to industry or practice background
- Strong communication skills
- Strong IT skills
- Competitive Pay
- Bonus Structure
- Health Shield- Cash Back Insurance Plan
- Death In Service
- Individual Training Budget both personal and professional development
Free Refreshments company canteen area