Reports to: Sales Manager
Working Hours: Mon – Thu 8.30-5:30 pm, Fri 8.30-3.00pm
You will be joining a fast-growing business that delivers IT Lifecycle Services, including Secure IT Disposal, Data Destruction and Deployment Support solutions to a wide range of organisations across the UK & Ireland via both direct and channel partner relationships.
We are a well-run, lean organisation with an engaged, friendly and collaborative 70 strong team; the business has grown significantly in recent years, and our turnover now exceeds £7.5 million. We are keen to build on our success and continue to have ambitious growth plans, with a target to double our size within the next 3 years.
As a result of ongoing growth and expansion, we are looking for a high-energy person to help us with our business-to-business sales efforts. You will be working with the business development and marketing team to make telephone contact with potential new customers and conduct online research to identify named individuals within target businesses.
The role has the potential to develop the skills and interests of the successful candidate. If you are looking to build the next stage of your sales career within a successful and fast-paced environment where you will be supported and given responsibility for delivering growth, then this role is for you.
We are looking for a highly organised individual with excellent organisation and communication skills, a proactive mindset and, above all else, be willing to learn and grow with us. The role would essentially entail making outbound calls to potential new clients, building a good rapport/relationship, and generating credible leads.
Key Tasks and Duties:
Some of the core areas of responsibility will include:
- Selling Vyta’s solutions and brands to organisations throughout the UK and Ireland
- Develop a new business pipeline through initiating contact
- Contact existing customers for service calls to build and develop the relationship
- Plan and prioritise personal sales activities and customer contact
- Making 50+ calls per day to drive sales
- Appointment setting for our Business Development Managers
- Contact and follow up on early-stage leads to secure meetings for the sales team
- Research to identify suitable businesses and contacts for prospecting, email and direct marketing
- Continuously prospecting and generating leads
- Handle customer inquiries and overcome objections
- Identify and escalate priority issues
- Meet with clients and prospects over the phone and on video calls, understand requirements and develop solutions
- Update and enter new customer information into the CRM
- Admin duties as required
- With your previous experience, you’ll be able to demonstrate past success in an outbound B2B telesales position, generating leads either at a Corporate or SME level.
- You will be confident, tenacious and resilient. Most importantly, you will be ambitious.
- You can build close relationships quickly and develop deep levels of trust that enable you to persuade and influence decision-making
- You are passionately committed to going above and beyond for your customers, pulling in whatever resources you need to deliver the best experience for them
- You can simplify the most complex topics in a way that anyone can understand
- 1-year work experience in an outbound sales focused role
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to build and maintain decision-maker relationships
- Results-driven with tenacity and drive to seek new business and exceed targets
- Enthusiastic and enjoys working hard to achieve their goals
- Be able to think strategically
- Organised, confident & well presented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player
- Ability to work on own initiative and good decision-making skills
- Good IT Skills including MS package and CRM
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience in marketing/selling to both government and commercial organisations
- Understanding of either the ICT or Data Security industries
- 2 years’ experience in a customer service or sales role
- Strong MS excel skills
- Competitive base salary and commission structure
- Invested HR department to develop and manage progress in your career
- Team away days and events.
- Strong & positive company culture.
N.B. We require the provision of at least one satisfactory reference from a previous employer. All job offers will be subject to successful Access N.I. security clearance, BPSS security clearance and successful credit reference clearance. [In line with BS 7858 requirements and ISO 27001 audits].
Vyta is an Equal Opportunities Employer