Vyta’s entire business model is based upon sustainability and helping clients reduce their environmental impact. We help extract maximum value from electronics and IT assets, ensuring they can be used effectively for as long as possible, and recover and regenerate products and materials at the end of their useful life.
Vyta has zero landfill policy and ensures that 100% of disposals are handled in an environmentally responsible way. The only material that is not suitable for physical recovery is that from data tapes. The shredded material is incinerated for energy recovery within Ireland.
ITAD and Sustainability
A properly designed IT asset lifecycle management program is one that meets all of the client’s disposal needs while maximising retired asset value in a secure, efficient and environmentally-friendly way.
- A Certificate of Destruction is provided with a guarantee that the items have been recycled. All recyclable equipment has the same level of security and traceability as refurbished equipment.
- Vyta sites are Approved Authorised Treatment Facilities (AATF) Centres where IT equipment, unsuitable for resale is processed for recycling. Suitable materials, including metal and plastics are recovered.
- Initial depollution and separation of equipment is then completed and specific items such as rechargeable batteries, power cables, and printer cartridges are removed
- The remaining waste is then shipped to one of our accredited recycling partners. Our bespoke processing system enables us to identify the recycling destination of every asset that we process.
- Recycling partners are chosen based on their best in class recycling and recovery rates and are audited as part of our ISO27001 supplier process.
R2 – Responsible Recycling
R2 is a globally recognised standard that provides a common set of processes, safety measures and documentation requirements for businesses that repair and recycle used electronics and technology devices. The standard is described as “Responsible Recycling (“R2”) Practices for Use in Accredited Certification Programs for Electronics Recyclers”.
The standard requires certified companies to have a policy on managing used and end-of-life electronics equipment, components and materials based on strategies such as reuse, materials and energy recovery and/or disposal.
A goal of this standard is to help prevent unnecessary recycling, and reuse. Reuse refers to a product that has been used but still has life in it. For products that still have life in them, they can be refurbished or fixed and then resold to an end-user until the product reaches end-of-life.
Vyta received the R2 certification as a result of extracting independent audits of Vyta’s facility, to ensure our operations meet the R2 standard and conform to a set of best management practices governing the environmental, health, safety and security aspects of our IT recycling services.
Vyta CEO Phillip McMichael, says, ‘ Achieving the R2 certification is a big win for us and the environment. It reinstates our commitment to sustainability, security and compliance, it is also a step forward in our efforts to becoming carbon neutral. Even before we received the certification, we used to practice the best measures for safe and secure disposal of IT assets. The R2 certification provides an added layer of reassurance to our customers so they do have to spend time in re-auditing us.’
Carbon Footprint Reduction
Vyta helps organisations reach CO2e reduction goals, right from the point of collection to the end of the process.
All IT collections and service site visits are carried out in VYTA vehicles and scheduling is carried out twice weekly to ensure a streamlined and environmentally-friendly service. Once equipment reaches a Vyta facility, any onward movement is efficient and sustainable
Vyta provides a cost-effective solution to your IT asset disposal needs. Our expert refurbishment process enables us to maximise the quantity of clients’ IT equipment that is sold on, rather than recycled, thus providing a revenue return for our clients.
Unlocking the value in redundant IT equipment. We maximise value return for our clients by selling through various channels:
- Trade Channels
We endeavour to get the greatest return for you on each device. The revenue generated through the resale of equipment covers the cost of disposal for 9 out of 10 of our corporate customers, meaning they never need to pay an invoice.